A DEMAND INVESTMENT Youth Ministry account is an easy way to build savings for upcoming ELCA Youth Gatherings—or any youth event—giving you immediate access to the funds when you need them.
With a DEMAND INVESTMENT Youth Ministry account:
- Your congregation earns interest on the funds that your youth group raises for youth ministry events.
- For the ELCA Youth Gathering, MIF Youth Ministry account funds are available before, during and after the event—for travel, food, lodging, and additional expenses. At the Youth Gathering, youth leaders have the convenience of cashing checks at the on-site MIF Service Center.
More about the investment:
- $100 minimum initial deposit required
- $100 minimum balance required
- Additional deposits may be made in any amount at any time
- Interest is paid and reinvested monthly
- No fees
- Checks provided free of charge
With MIF Online, youth leaders have access to information about the investment at any time. (Demand investments are not available in Louisiana or South Carolina.)
Mission Investment Fund investments are subject to certain risks. See "Risk Factors" in the MIF Offering Circular. The fund's investments are not bank accounts. As securities issued by a nonprofit institution, the investments are not insured by FDIC, SIPC or any other federal or state regulatory agency. The securities are sold only by means of the Offering Circular. This is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described here.